- McCallum High School was built in 1953.
- It serves students in grades 9-12.
- Foreign languages taught are French, Japanese, Latin and Spanish.
- Our special education programs are designed specifically for students with autism, deafness, serious emotional disturbance, hearing impairments, language or speech impairment, specific learning disabilities, limited intellectual functioning, orthopedic impairments, visual impairments and other health impairments
- Girls sports include basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track, volleyball and wrestling.
- Boys sports include basketball, baseball, cheerleading, cross country, football, golf, lacrosse, soccer, swimming, tennis, track and wrestling.
- Clubs and extra-curricular activities offered include Peer Assistance Leadership; National Honor Society; Students Against Drunk Driving; Literary magazine; Drill team and Tx Alliance of Minority Engineers.
- This school has the fine arts programs: orchestra, band, theater/drama, art, chorus and photography.